I'm sitting here on the night of my 28th birthday, appreciating my life. I'm grateful for so many things... simple things like having a home, food to eat, clothes on my back. I'm also grateful for the things that many of you are grateful for as well in your own lives, such as children, parents and an amazing husband. But as I sit here I'm thinking about the things that I usually don't think about.
*My parents... my mother who is the strongest woman I've ever known. Making a very difficult decision because she loved my father and had faith in him. A woman who loves where she came from, and wants to know her ancestry.
*My father, because he believed he could change and set out to do just that. He stopped the cycle. He believes in me and knows that I am good. He's proud of me, and makes the effort in telling me he loves me.
*I'm grateful for a sister that is true to her faith and never faileth.
*For a brother that tries so hard to be good for his parents.
*I'm grateful for a father-in-law who loves me, and knows the potential I have.
*For a sister-in-law that is my friend and can tell when I need something, even just lunch.
*For a girlfriend that was everything I needed when I needed it.
*I'm grateful for two little girls that continally show me unconditional love even though I could be so much of a better mother to them. Girls that know when I'm sad to just come and hug me.
*I'm grateful for a husband that works so hard to give me everything I want. A man that was first my friend, who listened because he knew I needed to talk, and continues to do so. He really truely loves me, even during times when I can be so unloveable, he does.
*I'm grateful for grandparents that came to America for a better life for their children, and in turn a better life for me.
*And I'm grateful for a Heavenly Father that loves me, and knows me for who I am. For giving me all these incredible blessings to be grateful for.
*I'm grateful for all of you readers that listen to me ramble about things that aren't important and the things that are. I appreciate your comments, thank you for being a part of my life.
As I end my birthday... I'm happy with my life and the way it's going. I love my family. I love my friends. I love who I am and who I can become. Goodnight.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
Happy Birthday! I think it is so important to write down what you are grateful for. To remind you how many blessings you really have. Hope you had a great B-day!
I love you Leese. I look up to you and admire your mothering skills.
What a great post!
Happy (late) Birthday!
Happy Birthday! I love this post. Awesome tribute to those things you are most grateful for.
I just gave a talk in church about writing these kinds of things down. Just make sure you put it somewhere your kids can read it, so when they grow up they'll remember these kind of things about you too.
Post a Comment