Yesterday we had the wonderful opportunity to attend the Roos family reunion! This is my mother's side of the family. This year we were not only getting together just to get together but to also celebrate the 60th anniversary of my grandparents immigrating to America! Much of the reunion games were based on this event.
We had a relay race where you had to dress up like a dutch woman, wooden shoes and all, run to an American flag and wave it then remove the clothing and bring the suitcase back to your teammates. This was very entertaining to watch. Holland watched with anticipation of getting those clothes to herself so she could dress up! She wore most of the outfit the rest of the evening.
Uncle Jess and Aunt Toni made a replica of the SS Nieuw Amsterdam, the ship that Grandma & Grandpa sailed on, with portholes to stick our heads through for pictures. Now we've all immigrated. To where, some of us don't know!We took a quiz, answering questions about our grandparents. I knew all the answers of course! It was a great way to get to know some things that we may not have known before.
Finally to top of the evening, we did the dutch wedding march! I'm sure we all looked a little silly to the other patrons at the park but oh well, WE ARE SILLY!Good food, good fun, good company! It was great to see all that were able to make it! And remember....
YOU AIN'T MUCH, IF YOU AIN'T DUTCH!









9 comments:
Is dit jou eerste reis naar de Verenigde Staten? Kijkt als pret!
Is this your first trip to the United States? Looks like fun!
Lisa, Dad tranlated for you. I am grateful you like to take pictures. A great blog entry, you should e-mail everyone to let them know it is on your blog.
Love Mom
I love Holland in her pigtails - -super cute!
This looks like so much fun! I love Holland dressed up as a little dutch girl! Too cute!
How fun! I have seen two of those wedding dances and I just love them!! Did you get the book done?
Aw, our family is fun :)
how fun!!!
Thanks for being the family photographer. The pictures look great!
Trevor
Thanks for sharing the pictures! Made me a little homesick (okay, more than a little). Love, Jill
Post a Comment