My friend Annie did this on her blog and I thought it was interesting. With baby names going through our heads it was fun to actually see what my name meant.
My name: LISA MARIE
Lisa
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: My God is a vow
Marie
Origin: Hebrew
Meaning: Bitter
After looking at my name, I thought it would be fun to check out the girls names. Although the reason I gave them their names are different. I'll give you my reasoning.
ALEXIS TIARE
Alexis
Origin: Greek
Meaning: Defender
My reasoning: I just always loved the name Alexis and knew that's what my little girls name would be.
Tiare
This name isn't on the site because it's actually a Tahitian word for flower, and since she is 1/4 Tahitian, it works. Her dad Brem always wanted to use this name for a little girl.
HOLLAND ROSE
Holland
Origin: English
Meaning: Ridge Land
My reasoning: Both sets of my grandparents immigrated from Holland and so this was our way of putting my family history with our kids.
Rose
Origin: Latin
Meaning: Rose
My reasoning(Two actually): Remember Alexis' middle name means flower and Rose is a flower so we are doing middle names as flowers for our girls. But it's also part of my family history. My mother's maiden name is Roos which means Rose in Dutch.
If you want to see what your name means click here!
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Here is what mine said: Your search did not match any names. Please make sure your search query is spelled correctly or try a different query.
HA HA - - those things NEVER pull my name!
I love your girls' names. So beautiful.
Btw...what are you naming this new little one?
Post a Comment