Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Potty Training (yucky)

I can't believe I'm doing this! It's only the first day of potty training and I'm exhausted, but... drumroll please... HOLLAND WENT POTTY!
I wasn't planning on getting started until next week but Holland asked if she could sit on the potty. She has done this several times so I didn't think anything of it. She sat there for about 5 to 10 minutes by herself when all of the sudden I heard it...she had gone potty! After praising and shouting for joy, I didn't want to put a diaper back on her since she had done somthing so wonderful. So she put on a pair of panties. She has had several accidents since the wonderful event, but she just went in the potty again! I'm a proud momma!
So I guess we are doing this! If anyone has any suggestions, please tune me in. I'd love to hear successful potty training theories!
WAY TO GO HOLLAND!

4 comments:

annie said...

Yeah for Holland! (an you, of course)! My advice...once you go to panties don't go back to diapers...except at night! I had to spend a few days at home doing this, but it really worked. Pull-ups and diapers, I feel, just confuse them if you go back and forth. Good luck!

Tavan said...

That is awesome! Now you can only have 1 kid in diapers....whew!! My advice is: Um.....nope, never trained anyone!

Aimee said...

I am starting with Zane next week. Yuck! So I have no advice but I'm in there with you!

Kate said...

Yay for Holland!