Baby: (crying) "Hey you over there! Can't you tell that something is wrong with me? Why can't you fix it? Aren't you the one that knows everything about me? You can help me, you've done it before, and you can do it again. How come you don't know when I'm having pain, or when I'm hungry, or when I need this thing taken off my butt because I've messed in it? I can't do this by myself. Why don't you help me?"
Mom: "Sweet baby I'm coming. I'm sorry you are not happy. Let's change your diaper. Is that better? No. Are you hungry? Let's feed you. There, now don't you feel better? No. Lets get those bubbles out. Good burp! Do you feel better? No. Teeth hurting you? I know that probably hurts. Let's get you some medicine. There you go. Do you feel better?"
Baby: (screaming/crying) "HELP ME!"
Mom: "Sweetie, I'm trying to help you. But I'm playing the guessing game here. I can only try so many things to make you feel better. I've tried everything I know how to do to help you and you still aren't happy. I don't have any other ideas other than to just hold you and tell you it's going to be okay... which seems to be working. It's okay baby, it's all going to be okay. Go to sleep, I love you."
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
This doesn't sound all that dissimilar to my job giving loans to people! You do a great job sweetheart! I love you!
Sheesh.......so sorry! Sounds hard!
Why don't you give her the Iphone and perhaps she could text you something??
Post a Comment