Wednesday, May 27, 2009

4 Years!

I have to admit this anniversary milestone has been highly anticipated by me. Today marks four years that Brannon and I have been married. It's also the same amount of time I was married the first time around. Reaching this point, and reaching it happily, is a miracle for me. The last four years have flown by. It feels like so much longer, like a lifetime. I believe that we knew each other long before we came to this Earth, it just took us some time and challenges to find one another again.
We may seem like a strange couple. By strange, I mean complete goofballs! That's why we are so perfect for each other, we complete one another in our weirdness, and we call that weirdness love. I love that Brannon is enthusiastic in everything he does. I love that he goes all out for what he wants. I love that he works so hard for our family so that I can be home taking care of us. I love that he is a good father to ALL of my children. I love that he rides a motorcycle. I love that he is going for his dreams. I love that he works at a job he hates so he can achieve his dream. I love that he allows me to decorate and redecorate our home to my own satisfaction (as if he really had a choice). I love that he cleans the tub. I love that he thinks I'm beautiful. I love that he wants me to pursue my dreams. I love that he can make me laugh. I love that he loves my family. I love that he thinks I'm funny. I love that he loves me.
And I love him too! Completely. Here's to a life of anniversary's, many more to come! We'll do it with our sides aching!

10 comments:

Tavan said...

You just described it perfectly: Weirdness Love. I could never say what it was before, but now it all makes sense!! haha

You guys are great together - weirdness, goofballnes and all!! Love you guys!!

lulu said...

congrats.

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Happy, Happy 4th!! :)

The Felts said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Heidi Bingham said...

I love what you wrote!!! I am so happy that you are happy! That was a long time coming and you deserve it!!! Congrats!!!! We come on our 4 year this October and I can't wait since we will finally be together...anyway, this about you and I am really happy for you!!! I love ya and wish I was there where we could spend time together like old time...you will always be one of my best friends even though there has been a ten years since we have been around one another. I wish you the best in the futre with your husband, I love how he loves you and how you are so happy. Happy 4 year!!!

Jenn & Cardy said...

Congratulations, Lisa! Brannon sounds like a neat guy, I'm glad you met someone who makes you so happy!

Aimee said...

Happy Anniversary! I think every year is an achievement to be celebrated. You do appreciate each other's weirdness and that is part of what is cute about you two. Here's to many more. And thanks for all the help in recent days!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Sometimes it's hard to believe it's been four years, and then it's hard to believe that you haven't been together for so much longer! Much love to you both.

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

Yay! Congrats!

Kate said...

I'm so glad you are so happy and Happy Anniversary to you both!!