What do you do with your kids used clothing?
I spent much of this month going through my girls' endless supply of clothing. That's one thing about having all girls, I can reuse the clothing. This has worked great... until Sage was born. Both Alexis and Holland were born in March which made it really easy to pass down the clothing. Sage being born in November has created a problem. She is in the opposite season in some sizes of clothing. This is only going to matter until she's wearing 2T and then it won't matter anymore.Anyway, yes, so I've been going through their clothes so that I can just get rid of anything that isn't going to fit Sage. I even used my favorite new cleaning product "Oxiclean" and soaked most the items to get them extra clean. I called Kid to Kid and asked what season they were buying right now, and then I separated the items to take there. If you didn't know, Kid to Kid buys used clothing, and you can also shop there. I had 2 1/2 boxes full of clothing to take. I made an appointment (had to because I had so much). This morning I got up early, exercised, fed the kiddies, got everyone dressed including myself, packed everyone in the car and headed for my appointment.
$14! That was it. That was the amount I received for 2 1/2 boxes of clothing. No, they didn't even take 1/4 of the clothing I had. So, was it worth it? I can't decide.
I did get four outfits for Sage this summer with that $14 though. I guess that made it a little worth it. What do you think? Oh, and what do you do with your used clothing?






7 comments:
That's so frustrating! I had the same experience at Plato's Closet once and I decided it's not worth it because they're SO picky with what they take. I don't have any brilliant suggestions on what to do with it. Selling on Craigslist will probably get you a better deal. I bought two big bags of clothes for Katie and paid $70 and felt like I got a really good deal.
Craigslist was my suggestion too. You know, I have a friend up the street that's having a baby girl...after two boys. She might like it. Her baby is due in April. Of course, were talking St. Louis vs. Salt Lake. Maybe we could make arrangements to send out the new born stuff and then bring the rest when you come see me and the new baby. So, my other suggestion is to find someone who is having a baby and try to sell it to them. I don't think kid to kid was worth it.
ya, I discovered Kid to Kid is a great place to shop. i am grateful for those that "sacrificed" or should I say "donated" their clothes so that I can get a discount. I agree, Craigslist is the best place.
ya, I discovered Kid to Kid is a great place to shop. i am grateful for those that "sacrificed" or should I say "donated" their clothes so that I can get a discount. I agree, Craigslist is the best place.
I too had an experience like that with Kid to Kid, didn't get much and they didn't even take half of what I brought. You do get more money if you get instore credit.
I have sold many outfits on Ebay, but I have noticed it has to be more expensive brands (Gymboree, Gap, etc vs. Target). I haven't tried to sell clothes on Craiglist yet. I seem to always have a friend that needs clothes when i am ready to get rid of some!
It all seems like too much effort for me! If you don't have a friend who could use the clothes - off to the DI they go!
CRAIGSLIST...I loved that when I was in Utah. It is great for selling stuff!!
Post a Comment