Thursday, October 23, 2008

a story... a GOOD story...

This morning... I had just gotten out of the shower and was getting ready for the day. The doorbell rang. I was in my robe and Alexis said she didn't know who it was so I didn't answer the door. The doorbell rang again. I peeked around the corner to see if I knew who it was. The woman was leaving my porch so I went down the hallway to see if I recognized her. I didn't know her, she got to her car, I figured oh well.

Twenty minutes, or so later I went to the door to see if anything had been left on the porch. While out on my porch I hear voices around the corner. Walking out I see the same woman with a camera taking family pictures of a little family, IN MY FRONT YARD!

"Hello?" I say to her.
"Oh Hi, I rang the doorbell earlier." she replied.
"What are you doing?"
"I rang your doorbell twice."
"Well I was in the shower."
"Oh, well is it ok if we take some pictures?"
You know how you always think of the good comebacks after the situation? Well...
"Well I guess it is since you already are!" and I walked inside.

Awhile later I opened the blinds in the girls room... and she was still out there! I was fuming! Is that weird? I was so bothered by this woman. She just assumed that since nobody answered the door, she could do whatever she wanted! I'm sorry but as a photographer myself, if I don't have permission to use a location for a photo session, then I don't use that location. And who in there right mind goes to someone's HOUSE and asks to use their yard to take pictures in? And then who in their right mind thinks it's ok to use anyway, when nobody answered the door?

Yes we have a nice big yard. Yes, we occasionally have horses on the porperty. No, I don't know anything about the horses. No, the house isn't for sale. Yes, I know the owners name. No, you can't have his phone number. Yes, you can feed the horses. No, you can't go into the horse pasture.

WILL EVERYONE JUST GET OUT OF MY YARD!

I'm just sayin'...

10 comments:

Tavan said...

YOU JUST CAN'T GO ON PEOPLE'S PROPERTY AND TAKE PICS...WHETHER YOU ANSWERED THE DOOR OR NOT!! DUMB, DUMB, DUMB! If this happens again, you need to throw water ballons at them!

Anonymous said...

That is so weird! I would've been bugged too!

Marsh Mayhem said...

Random lady! How odd is that? I mean, I know there are some screwballs over here, but ...

Kate said...

That is SO annoying!

tiburon said...

HOLY CANOLI!!
That takes some serious cajones!

tiburon said...

Oh and for the record - If someone was in my yard taking pictures without permission - I would have turned on the sprinkler system. ;)

Jules Holbrook said...

What the heck, Lisa?! Can't you share your house with just any passerby who feels inclined to stop? You were being so selfish. (Totally kidding, by the way.)

The Middletons said...

You should post a sign...
Ask a question $5.00
Walk on the grass $10.00
Feed the horses $5.00
Take a picture $100.00... extra for additional pictures

People are so wierd. Your much nicer that I would have been!

lulu said...

I hope you got Brannon to moon them just in time to get it in the family picture.

Anonymous said...

or..........make the owner the bad guy. You could say, "the owner doesn't allow anyone on the property because of liability issues." Jeez.....those people ever hear of a public park?!