In Holland it is custom to celebrate So. Nicolas's Eve and St. Nicholas's Day (Sinterklaas in Dutch) on December 5th and 6th. The dutch children leave their wooden shoes outdoors and fill them with carrots and hay for Sinterklaas's horse. Sinterklaas, who lives in Spain during the year, will arrive accompanied by his helper Piets. He will then travel on a white horse to leave chocolate and other gifts for the children who have been well-behaved.
I didn't manage to carry on the tradition I thought I had started last year but we did get to Oma's house to see Sinterklaas.
Sage was not happy that I had handed her off to someone else.

Holland didn't want to have anything to do with him.
.jpg)
We had an enjoyable evening with the family!
3 comments:
Hey, I'm impressed! Some years work and some years don't. Thank goodness our families are young enough that when things slip we can just pick up where we want or move on! Nice pics, looks like fun!
I love the pic of Holland! She's like: Heeeeeeeeeellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll NO!!
You really can't blame Holland for being scared of the bearded man in the funny hat! Great pics!
Post a Comment