Thursday, December 11, 2008

True Meaning


Last night Brannon and I played the Holy family at a live nativity. What an amazing experience. I've been to this nativity for the past couple of years and have always been moved by the experience. It has been the moment each Christmas that makes me actually focus on the meaning of the season.

I'm so grateful for my testimony of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Playing the part of Mary, Christ's mother, I began to realize, in the smallest way, the sacrafice made on my behalf. Looking at Sage, playing baby Jesus, I couldn't help but think... I couldn't give her up for anything and our Father in Heaven gave his only Son for me.

I hope we can all remember the true meaning of Christmas. It's not about presents and treats. It's about the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

lulu said...

Even though you're acting the part, you can't help but get a feeling for the part.
I guess Sage was plenty warm, to lay there in the manger without your body heat.
Were you kind of nervous?

Anonymous said...

Thank you for volunteering. I am pleased you felt the sweetness of playing that roll. The whole nativity was a huge success and we have heard some incredible stories of those that came for the first time.

Love you,
Mom & Dad

Louise Plummer said...

What a sweet and perfect photograph.

maxfamclan said...

What a beautiful photograph of such a special evening! We tried to come but my kids both fell asleep at lke 7:30pm. tough night! It looks amazing though and I am looking forward to next year already!