Monday, November 10, 2008

our first week...

Oh wow! It's been one crazy week, but also a wonderful week! Sage is doing beautifully. She is a sleeper! I know that's pretty much all babies do the first month or so of life but oh my... she sleeps through everything! It takes a lot of effort just to wake her long enough to eat! She is getting the hang of eating though, finally! It was a little rough there for awhile. I didn't get to nurse Holland so it was quite a reminder when things all started happening. We are still trying to figure out schedules and such, but it's happening!

I can't believe how completely blessed I am! Being a mother of three little princesses certainly has it's challenges! I had my first experience of getting them all ready (including myself) last Friday. I had to get Alexis to school and then Sage had a doctors appointment. Brannon had to go to class that day so Holland was coming along with me. Let's just say that by the time I got to the doctors office I was exhausted! But I was on time! Yay me.

Brannon has been amazing! He does the dishes, picks up the house, takes care of the older girls and takes care of me. He is certainly making sure that I have everything I need and that I don't over-do it. He's not always successful because I'm stubborn, but he tries! He hates that he can't get up in the middle of the night to help with the baby. There just isn't a lot he can do at this point! But the thought makes all the difference! I love you babe!

It's been eventful, exciting, exhausting, and oh so wonderful! Thanks to all who have visited and brought meals into our home! I'm so grateful to all of you! Thanks for the love and support!

12 comments:

Tavan said...

I LOVE THAT PIC! I can't wait to see what other cute pics you have :)

Annie said...

Sounds like a rough, but exciting week! She is such a little doll. I wish that I could be there to hold her! I am so thankful for blogs though, we will get to see her grow at least! I hope that you are hanging in there, I can't imagine life with 3 little ones! You are a trooper!

Aimee said...

She's so cute. It is an adjustment when you have a new person living in your home and family. Call me if you need company, adult company. It is such a precious thing.

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that picture! So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that picture! So beautiful!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful photo you took, Lisa. You captured the sweetness and wonder of it all. I hope that we can see one of you with little Sage too. You are a star for getting out the door by yourself so early in the game. I'm proud of my son for being the loving husband and dad that he is.

lulu said...

I still so excited to meet Sage, and to give you a huge hug.
I love the pic. I think I'll show it to all my friends.
I can make a hooter hider! I better get sewin.'

Louise Plummer said...

Wow what great pictures. She's beautiful. Congratulations you two.

Zanny said...

Oh, I'm soooo happy for you guys! How wonderful! You two are the sweetest couple ever and it's clear you two are kind and loving parents.

Jules Holbrook said...

The picture is awesome, Lisa! You're better than Anne Geddes. I'm so happy for you guys...she's adorable!

Josh and Anna said...

That picture is so precious! She is such a doll!!

Jenn & Cardy said...

I love the picture of Sage and your husband. So precious. What a sweet family, I'm happy for you.