I've been lucky enough to be a part of an adoption experience with my friend, Amber. I can't even begin to express the feelings and emotion that go along with adoption. Even now I'm speachless about how wonderful and beautiful the process is. Yes, it is a long and hard road. Yes, you have ups and downs, hopes and dissapointments. But when you hold that child in your arms, there is nothing better in all the world. I'm fortunate to be able to give birth to my kids. To see another mother give away her child so that another couple who is not so fortunate can have the family that they dream of... I just can't imagine. Those mothers are, simply put, amazing. I love them for the gift they give people like my friend Amber and my cousin Kelli.
To Amber and Kelli and their husbands, I love you. I'm so happy for you, and I'm so grateful to you for allowing me to be a small part of your adopting experience.
Kelli wanted to share a little bit about their experience with adoption. She asked Brannon and I to help her out by putting this little movie together.
Saturday, January 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






6 comments:
i bawled. thanks for sharing. mom told me about this.
That is just beautiful! Kelli, give your birthmoms a huge hug from me. Tell them it is from another adoptive mother who is so grateful for the sacrifice and love they shared!! I can only imagine the talks we shared with our birthmoms before we came to this earth. Do you think we had any idea of the emotions WE ALL would go through?? I am so grateful for the Lord's hand in my life!
That is a great video... we may not know Kelli but it definitely brings tears to your eyes.
OK, practically cried my eyes out. What a gift.
What a beautiful job you guys did putting together such tender experiences. I agree that these selfless women who give this experience to others are truly amazing. Thanks for sharing this video...it's wonderful.
Lisa and Bran, I just watched this again and cried again and looked at my two boys smiling at me and thanked heaven once again for them. Thank you, thank you for helping me put my emotions to movie form. Thanks to Michael McLean for putting the exact words I have had in my mind to words and music. Thanks to all for great comments. Adoption is such an amazing experience. I feel privedged to be a part of it.
Post a Comment