Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Calling...


I've been awaiting the phone call asking me to come in to see a member of the bishopbric since we entered into our new ward. A couple of weeks ago the call came and... I was asked to be the YW Ward Camp Director! Panic attack following! My first reaction was "Aarrggghhhh!" But then people started coming out from everywhere willing to help out and give suggestions. So I felt much better and actually got excited. Although I've been trying to figure out exactly what I'm in charge of. People I've asked just say, "Everything", well yes but what does that mean? Well last Thursday I attended the Stake Camp Meeting hoping that this will be the time when I actually will find out what I'm in charge of. I left the meeting more confused and overwhelmed then before. I didn't figure it out until I went throughly through the camp book and found it. Have you seen the list of what a camp director is in charge of? It's like.... EVERYTHING! So I'm nervous, anxious and excited all at the same time. Some days I have good thoughts and other days I don't know what to do. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears. Wish me luck!

5 comments:

maxfamclan said...

I had to be in charge of camp as a youth and remembered thinking, "at least I only have to really do the fun stuff!" It is a lot of work, but there is nothing quite as satisfying as seeing the girls enjoy it. And what fun to go to camp with so many friends! Waht a wonderful opportunity to promote and enjoy bonding, friendship and memories.

annie said...

You go girl! I'm sure you will be great at it!

Gold-E said...

Get yourself a committee and delegate delegate delegate! Yeah, I'm ok with VT coordinator over camp director. I have some good camp songs and a guitar if you need it. Have fun.

Kimberly J. said...

Lis- Didn't you go to Brighton girls camp when we were like...um 12? If so, thats all you need to remember! I can't believe I remember some songs from those days! Good luck with it- You'll do awesome!!!

Kate said...

Wow! Good luck with that - you'll be great!