Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Spring Cleaning?

Is anyone else feeling the need to do some cleaning? For the last two weeks I have been scrubbing, vacuuming, dusting, mopping & organizing rooms in our house. I'm sick of clutter and I want things cleaned up. Maybe I'm just finally coming into the house wife role and doing something about it. Whatever it is, I'm loving it! Not necessarily the cleaning part, but the end result! I have changed around the girls rooms (again), really, and I mean REALLY, cleaned the bathroom and the kitchen, which I have to say are my least favorite rooms to clean, and put shelves in and organized the storage/laundry room! Unfortunately what I have found in doing so much work... it doesn't last long. One day it looks great and the next... it doesn't look like you've done anything. Why can't the joy last longer?
We've had some not so happy moments though. The stove top has seen better days (only one of four burners works), and suddenly while doing laundry on Monday the dryer decided it was spent. I've been looking for a new stove top for some time, but it's kind of hard because even if I find one it's not like I can just go out and pick it up! And with Brannon's long hours it just wasn't happening. So when the dryer died I finally called the landlord to ask what he wanted me to do. Fortunately he "knew a guy" and today I have a new dryer! This is one aspect I do love about renting... when something breaks, you get to call someone else to fix it! While Mr. Fix-it was here, he took a look at the stove-top and will be returning later today to replace the parts it needs to work properly again! Yay for Mr. Fix-it! Now all I need is some more pans to cook in and we'll be all set! Story for another time!
Yeah I know this post is boring, but this is my life and you are friends and family so thanks for reading!

3 comments:

Kate said...

I've been doing the same thing! Great minds must think alike! ;)

Tavan said...

Maybe your doing some pre-nesting for me?? I too have been adding organizational things around the house. I haven't really cleaned tho...

I know how much you want a house, but enjoy the free Mr. Fix it for now! Because that perk will definitely go away... :)

Amber said...

Lisa, It sounds like you are nesting!! Are you making an announcement? jk, but really I don't think you guys are done.