So, yes it's true, I was in a car accident a week ago Friday. Well I guess I wasn't in a car accident as much as I caused a car accident. My car was fine.
Let me start off by saying that everyone if fine, no injuries. Second, don't look down, not even for a second.
I had just picked up Alexis from school and was headed to Costco to do some shopping and eat some lunch with the girls. I was coming upon a car that was waiting to turn left. I was slowing down, I was getting off a phone call, I looked down to put my phone down, I hit the car in front of me. I pushed that car into traffic and the first foot of his car was taken off by a pick-up truck. I immediately got out of the car to make sure the driver of the car I hit was okay. He was seriously shaken up, but was fine. Yes, I scared the crap out of a 21 year old.
I called the police. It's a good thing there weren't any injuries because the Salt Lake Police Department took their sweet time! 35 minutes later, no joke, an officer showed up. I actually called dispatch again to make sure they were coming it was taking so long.
I did not get a ticket. Thank the Lord! But my insurance is having to fix two vehicles. I guess that's why we have auto insurance.
I felt so stupid. There is so much talk about how women are terrible drivers and they don't pay attention. I've said as much myself, although I always thought I was a good driver. Now I am that woman. I hate that I made such a stupid mistake and caused such a mess.
I am grateful everyone is okay.
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I am very glad that you and the girls and everyone involved is okay. And on a side note, I'm glad your car is okay too! I really don't want to buy another one for you yet!
I'm just glad you didnt push him into traffic a few feet more! That could have been soooo bad.... Well, I guess this teaches us to not look down for even a second. Maybe having this accident will prevent you from having a larger one in the future? Now that you are super aware??
Post a Comment