I just watched this movie, and loved it! Well maybe not loved it but I really liked it, and would probably watch it again. I think it had a really good message.It made me really think...
If you had the chance to be 17 again, would you do it? Is there anything you would change? Make different decisions? Want different friends? If you had the chance to change one thing you did at that age, what would it be?
I don't know that I can honestly say I would want to be 17 again. And at the same time I think... well if I could go back knowing everything I know now... then maybe. Looking back now being a teenager stunk. Didn't it? Of course all I did was hang out with my friends, which is one reason I would do it again, but why else? I don't honestly want to go back to High School do I? If the answer to that question is yes, then I think I have problems.
What would I change if I were to go back? Well let's think... what was I doing when I was 17? I was a senior in High School... yikes! I was a cheerleader... yikes! Wait, that was fun so no yikes. I was dating someone, but I was always dating someone so... maybe that's one thing I would change. I'm not saying I wouldn't have dated who I was dating, I just wouldn't have been as exclusive as I was. Dating is a way of getting to know people right? Well, let's think... I got to "know" a total of... 2 people while in High School. So I was pretty much exclusively dating. I would have broadened my horizons and casually dated instead!
I would have taken more classes that I was interested in rather than just taking them to get credit. I would have made school more of a priority than it was. I did good in school, I got good grades, in fact I graduated with a 3.8 GPA, and with honors! A lot of good that does me now. It just didn't matter to me then, but if I was going back it would be something that mattered, therefore I would change it.
I would have been more respectful to my parents. I lied to my parents A LOT when I was 17. You think you are being so sly when in reality they know you're lying. They were going through a tough time too and my snotty teenager self did not help. I could say that I was the oldest so they were harder on me. But the reality of it all is that I was a snot, and they didn't deserve the disrespect that I gave them. So I would change that as well.
Would I change my friends? I'm going to say, NO. I loved my friends and I still do even though I don't really keep in touch with any of them. That's so sad to say, but it's true. There are a couple people I keep in touch with more frequently than others but I can honestly say that I have not remained close to anyone particularly. After high school things change. Lives change therefore friends change. There was a lot of drama within our group of friends, some of which involved myself so I can see how I wouldn't remain close with them. Still, it's not something I would change. My friends were my life! I needed them.
All in all when I think about it... I don't think I would change anything, because even changing the littlest thing could have dramatic affects to my life as I know it. And I love my life! I'm happy. I'm doing what I want to be doing and living, mostly, that way I want to be living so... NO, I wouldn't change anything if I were to go back. I don't want to be 17 again. Why dwell on "what could have been" or "what if"? Why change a good thing?
Although I would take my body at age 17 again.
Something to think about.






3 comments:
I totally agree.
I'm with you, if I could go back, but know everything I know now, I might do it. I would also tell myself to give up cookies and fall in love with running:)
I saw that movie too and liked it pretty well. I saw it with my friend and we discussed what we would do again if we went back to high school with all the knowledge we have now. I would have been a totally different person and make some way different choices (some better choices some naughtier choices). haha
Post a Comment