Friday, September 11, 2009

Thoughts...

Little Sage has been having some difficulties going to sleep lately. She just cries and cries when I put her down. She has been teething again so I know she hasn't felt good. When she teeths, she pulls on her ears. This, I have found, is common in teething children, but causes concern for me because then I don't know if it's just from teething or if there is a bigger problem. Since it's been about a week, and she is still having problems, I'm finally taking her in to the doctor this morning. I'm now praying for an ear infection so at least I can treat it, and she can start feeling better.

Since she has had troubles going to sleep, we have found that going for a car ride seems to calm her the best and she is able to get to sleep. I've been on a nighttime drive about six times in the last week or so. Last night was another exciting drive. Brannon stayed late at work to get some things done in quiet, so I had all three girls to go with me. Sage eventually fell asleep, and I became worried that the older two would as well so I headed home. Having all three fall asleep would have made an interesting trip back into the house. Three sleeping kids and one momma, doesn't really work out to well.

Sage woke up as I was getting her out of the car, so I had to move on the next possible solution to getting her to sleep... bouncing her in my arms... outside. She loves being outside. After about 10 minutes, she was finally sleeping soundly. Meanwhile inside Alexis is now crying. Holland had left the marker lid off while we went on our drive and this was tragic for Alexis. I no longer had the patience for crying children, so I ended up yelling at her. While brushing their teeth, Holland kept informing me that Lexi was sad, which in turn made me eventually feel bad. When she came out I gave her a hug and told her I was sorry. Holland apologized as well for leaving the marker lid off.

Sitting there holding Alexis and looking at Holland I began to think about how blessed I am to be the mother to these three girls. There are times when they drive me completely mad, and I scream and shout, and tell them what to do... now, not in a minute, but in the end it all comes down to wanting them to know how much I love them, and how grateful I am to be their mother.

4 comments:

Amber said...

i hear ya! My philosophy is let the baby cry herself to sleep. It only took two nights to cure mine. Good luck. You are more patient than I would be about a child who doesn't sleep.

maxfamclan said...

We all have those moments when we reach our breaking point, but somehow kids always bring us back...thank goodness. Husbands too.

Louise Plummer said...

You're a good mother. No doubt about it.

tiburon said...

Love your thoughts. :)

We all lose it from time to time...