Sinterklaas, who lives in Spain during the year, will arrive accompanied by his helper Piets. He will then travel on a white horse to leave chocolate and other gifts for the children who have been well-behaved.
This has been a tradition in our family for many years. We celebrate on the 5th and see Sinterklaas and leave our shoes out on the porch to see what he will leave us. 
This year I decided it was something that I wanted to start with my own children. Alexis and Holland found it exciting to that Sinterklaas rode on a horse and that they got to leave something for him.

They are horse lovers due to their Opa and the fact that we often have a horse in the yard for the summer.
Both girls were surprised the next morning to see that Sinterklaas had indeed left them some chocolate and other goodies!
It is so fun to have another day in December to celebrate and share with the family.






4 comments:
How fun!! I LOVE Sinterklaas!
I love Sinterklass too! Victor especially looks forward to his favorite windmill cookies and chocolate letter on Dutch Christmas.
I thought about Sinterklaas on Dec. 5th. I wondered why he didn't visit us. Probably because we forgot to put our shoes out.
I looked for a dutch store here in St. Louis. No luck. I'll have to stock up when I am in town over the holidays.
Love you.
How did you get this cute background? Boy do I have an amazing sister. Please clue me in. I am a mother lost in a lot of poopy diapers.
Love you again.
Post a Comment