Monday, September 24, 2007

Our Home



We live in little farm house on an acre of horse property in the heart of Salt Lake City. You might be asking, "How did they get so lucky?" My dad happens to be good friends with the owner, whom I will leave anonymous. We are the only people outside of his family that have ever had the opportunity to live here. After Brannon and I got married we started to look for something bigger then the two bedroom apartment Alexis and I were living in at the time. My dad's friend, the "owner", had recently mentioned that his nephew was moving out of the "farm house" and that it would soon be vacant. I jumped at the opportunity! Hoping that we would get the chance to live in such a beautiful home! We got lucky when he said, "yes". We have now been living here for two years.

Every spring a mare is brought to the property to give birth to new little bundle of joy! There are often times that we will look to the street and see a line of cars that have stopped to take a look and the horses.
Of course an old house (built in the late 1890's) has it's ups and downs. The woodwork inside is something that you just don't see in new houses today. We have 12 foot ceilings, and a window above every doorway.
It's cold in the winter and HOT in the summer thanks to the single pane windows and absolutely no insulation! We love it here! It has been fun and enjoyable to live in what we call, "a little piece of heaven on earth".

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yay! I love your new blog - and your house!! Miss ya!